PGS is a leading marine geophysical company. We provide 3D images and models of the subsurface that oil companies rely on to find oil and gas reserves. Our business is technology driven. Our services include seismic acquisition, imaging, data interpretation, and field evaluation. Our fleet of seismic acquisition vessels is the youngest and most advanced in the industry. While we are a Norwegian company, with headquarters in Oslo and around 15 offices worldwide, including London and Houston, our employees and working environment are highly international. Offshore and onshore, PGS employs around 1250 people comprising over 60 nationalities. English is our working language.
The Legal department in PGS is a separate corporate unit lead by a General Counsel with three lawyers in Norway but you will be part of a global team of lawyers. You will report to the Head of Legal for Europe & Asia Pacific, and provide legal support inan international environment on a variety of legal matters.
The Legal department supports the different business units and other corporate functions within a wide variety of business law. We work close with the other departments both in Oslo and in other parts of the world, including with the colleagues in the legaldepartments in the other offices.
• Support business units and corporate functions within a wide variety of business law.
• Responsibility for varied legal based tasks within the organization.
• A Norwegian Master Degree in law with good academic results. Candidates with a law degree from the UK may also be considered
• Preferably minimum of 5 years relevant business law work experience, but candidates with somewhat shorter experience may also be considered.
Skills and competencies:
• Experience in one or several of the following special fields are preferable:
o Company law, contract law (including contract drafting and negotiation).
o Securities law.
o M&A or regulatory matters such as data protection.
• Fluent in English.
• Self-starter who can take responsibility for a wide array of tasks.
• Analytical, with strong written and communication/interpersonal skills.
• Business-oriented and pragmatic approach to challenges and risks.
Please upload your CV and Higher Education diploma certificates with transcripts showing grades to our recruitment system.
•A competitive salary and benefits package
•Dynamic and international working environment
•Challenging development opportunities
Spørsmål om stillingen, kontakt Stig Gunleiksrud, Head of Legal for Europe & Asia Pacific, Tlf. 908 33 448