At Telia Company we bring the world closer on the customers? terms. Our 21 000 talented colleagues serve millions of customers every day in one of the World?s most connected regions. We are the hub in the digital ecosystem, empowering people, companies and societies to stay in touch with everything that matters 24/7/365 - on their terms. Telia Norge AS is the second largest provider of mobile solutions in Norway with a complete offering for businesses and consumers. The company has more than 1000 employees, 2.3 million subscribers, 62 stores and 9,8 billion NOK in revenues in 2017. Telia in Norway consists of these brands: Telia, One Call, Phonero and MyCall. The Legal department is responsible for ensuring that Telia has good processes regarding legal matters and is compliant to corporate and other relevant laws and regulations.
Data Protection Officer - Corporate Lawyer
Expertise - Key contributor - Data Protection and ePrivacy
At Telia, we take privacy very seriously and know that trust should never be taken for granted. We process vast amounts of customer data (including when, where and how our customers use their mobile phones), and as a new generation telco we are exploring opportunities in Internet of Things, crowd analytics and data analytics and insight to name a few.
Processing of personal data is, and will always be, at the core of our business. This is why we have invested heavily in safeguarding personal data, and why ensuring privacy continues to be a cornerstone in our ambition to have the most satisfied and loyal customers.
As our new Data Protection Officer, you will have a key role in ensuring that ongoing operations are complying with external and internal requirements, and that we continue to embed privacy into our products and services.
We have a highly professional legal team in Telia Norge, which support Telia`s organization in Norway and internationally. Additionally, you will join a team of more than 15 full-time privacy professionals in Telia Company, making this a perfect opportunity for you to further develop your privacy expertise and career. Our current Privacy Officer will move on to a commercial position within Telia.
Dare, Care and Simplify are important values taking Telia to the next step. How will your role bring life to these values?
Tasks and responsibilities
- Act as Telia Norway’s Data Protection Officer, in close co-operation with Telia Company’s privacy team and the group DPO unit
- Advise the company and its employees of their privacy and data protection obligations, including GDPR and the ePrivacy directive
- Monitor compliance with data protection and privacy legislation and Telia’s internal policies in an environment dealing with significant amounts of personal data
- Review and provide advice on Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Act as the contact point for, the supervisory authorities where necessary
- Provide training and guidance on all privacy and data protection matters as required
- Manage relevant legal resources
- Lead and/or provide support on selected contract, procurement and corporate law issues
Qualifications and skills
- Master's Degree in Law
- 5+ years of relevant experience in law firms, relevant companies or government functions
- Fluent in English and Norwegian
- Passionate about privacy
- Track record for developing strong working relationships with diverse clients (customers, business units, IT, security)
- Excellent legal judgement, with the ability to provide clear and actionable advice to the business
- Flexible and solution oriented
- Structured and precise
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A highly challenging corporate lawyer role within privacy
- Highly dynamic and competent legal team in Norway, with support from possibly the best privacy team in the Nordics
- An integrated part of operational business processes and decision making
- A business environment high on business ethics and integrity
- An international environment and a network of more than 100 skilled lawyers
- Both professional and personal development possibilities
Spørsmål om stillingen, kontakt Managing Partner Tor-Egil Ruud, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.