Drafting contracts in English
Konferansesenteret Høyres Hus, Stortingsgata 20, OSLO
07.11.2017 09:30 - 16:30
A one-day seminar meant to help Norwegian lawyers write better contracts in English.
Hva lærer du?
A one-day seminar meant to help Norwegian lawyers write better contracts in English. The seminar will focus on how incorrect language and grammar can significantly change the meaning of a contractual term:
- When to use modal verbs such as shall, must, will and may
- How to strengthen an English contract by simplifying the lanuage
- How to recognise and avoid vagueness and ambiguitye
- How to write terms in plain simple English without weakening them
- Typical English lanuage related errors that can weaken a contract
Hvem passer kurset for?
In-house Councel, Private Practioners and other professionals who need to draft, explain or interpret contracts clauses written in English but under their domestic jurisdiction.